Unbelievable but true, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never shopped around. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers could save themselves about $469 a year, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable Kia Spectra insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Long Beach. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides more ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Spectra coverage is available in Long Beach. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on each quote and and to look at every company you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Locating the best rates in Long Beach is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or just want cheaper rates, take advantage of these tips to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. Drivers just need to use the most efficient way to get comparison rates using one simple form.
All major car insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO give pricing from their websites. Getting online quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Long Beach doesn’t take much effort as you just type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. Once entered, the system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and quotes a price determined by many factors. Quoting online for Kia Spectra insurance in Long Beach helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get lower-cost prices.
To compare pricing, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Long Beach, CA. If you want cheap auto insurance in Long Beach, CA, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Spectra in Long Beach, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Kia for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects not only your Kia but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Don’t overlook these nine Kia Spectra insurance discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a slight reduction on a Long Beach car insurance quote.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their company to look at vehicle usage by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates compared to frequent claim filers.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Spectra insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Long Beach and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Kia can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a lower price if you buy life insurance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may include discounts for homeowner, safe driver, drive less, teen safe driver, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- American Family offers discounts including TimeAway discount, air bags, good driver, Steer into Savings, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, good student, defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, driver training, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
When getting free Long Beach car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be available in Long Beach. To see a list of insurers who offer discounts in California, click here.
Best car insurance in California
Finding the highest-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Long Beach. The ranking data in the next section could help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%