The recommended way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Long Beach.
- Step 1: Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a lower rate. A recent study showed that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Long Beach is your ultimate target, understanding how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
When looking for cheaper Long Beach auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from lots of California car insurance companies. The best way to find cheaper Acura TSX rates is to jump online and get quotes. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a better price. Some companies don’t provide Long Beach TSX insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get rates from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Three reasons to insure your Acura vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Long Beach, maintaining insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your TSX definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Long Beach overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Analysis of Acura TSX rates
The premium information displayed next covers detailed analysis of insurance rates for Acura TSX models. Learning more about how insurance policy rates are determined can help drivers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TSX Technology Package||$244||$464||$360||$22||$108||$1,198||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect rates considerably.
Cost of full coverage in Long Beach
The diagram below compares Acura TSX insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact rule that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Acura TSX claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Acura TSX insurance in Long Beach
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will definitely lower your policy premiums.
The chart below compares Acura TSX annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not apply in every state.