We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes will most likely switch companies because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $70 a month compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance is your intention, then understanding how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Long Beach is to annually compare prices from providers in California.
First, read and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Long Beach is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. But California vehicle owners should learn the methods companies use to calculate your auto insurance rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
Companies offering Ford F-150 insurance in Long Beach
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Long Beach, CA. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in California, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Data for Ford F-150 insurance
The premium table shown next showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Ford F-150 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy premiums are formulated can be valuable when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$242||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,140||$95|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$314||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,296||$108|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$314||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,296||$108|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$314||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,296||$108|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$348||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,494||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence price quotes noticeably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford F-150 premium costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The example below compares Ford F-150 auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford F-150 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $400 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Long Beach auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Buy New and Save – Putting coverage on a new F-150 can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Long Beach auto insurance with certain companies.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Long Beach auto insurance quote. The discount lasts up to age 25.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- AAA has discounts for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, safe vehicle, driver’s education, anti-theft, multiple autos, and good driver.
- Esurance may have discounts that include online quote, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, Pac-12 alumni, safety device, Switch & Save, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for good student, easy pay, business or organization, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and defensive driving.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To see insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Long Beach, click here.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Ford F-150 is totaled?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Long Beach?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance agents near you
Some consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Long Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Long Beach who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Car insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Long Beach that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Long Beach who can help you get price quote information.
Selecting an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. A good agent in Long Beach will have answers to these questions.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
As you quote Long Beach auto insurance, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Ford F-150 insurance prices in Long Beach. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions or even questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be less work than you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much is Long Beach Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)