Remarkably, a study showed that 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Long Beach insurance shoppers could pocket roughly $500 a year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to save on Ford Freestar insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Long Beach. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Long Beach, CA. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Long Beach, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Save money with these rate reducing discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may receive better car insurance rates.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current Freestar insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Freestar can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
To locate companies who offer free Ford Freestar insurance quotes in California, click this link.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices. Many factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate prices.
Where do you drive? – The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Freestar may be wasting your money.
Premiums may be lower depending on your job – Jobs like fire fighters, social workers, and medical professionals have higher rates than average attributed to intense work situations and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
Lower rates come with age – Teenage drivers in California tend to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teenage driver to your insurance policy can really hurt. Older people are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
Keep policy claims to a minimum – Auto insurance companies in California give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Compare prices but work with a local neighborhood Long Beach car insurance agent
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Long Beach.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Long Beach who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to find an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents in Long Beach can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you should always compare quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Long Beach who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Adriana’s Insurance Services Inc
1075 E Pacific Coast Hwy – Long Beach, CA 90806 – (562) 344-9222 – View Map
- Fox Benefits Insurance Agency
5175 E Pacific Coast Hwy #304 – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 735-3125 – View Map
- Galaxy Insurance Service, Inc
2411 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 438-7000 – View Map
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Long Beach exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Brenda Soto Bryan
4202 Atlantic Ave Ste 201 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 426-1752 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Damian Useda
929 E Wardlow Rd – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 426-8565 – View Map
- Bob Lundstrom – State Farm Insurance Agent
3620 Long Beach Blvd, Ste A3 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 595-8333 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Which family members are covered?
California auto insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a good quality insurer can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Long Beach. The rank data in the next section can help you pick which car insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Persistence will pay off
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Ford Freestar insurance rates in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Long Beach car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with the smaller companies.
The cheapest Ford Freestar insurance in Long Beach is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Pilot in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)