The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Long Beach is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies that sell auto insurance in California.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic citations and bad credit can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Fusion Energi coverage is available in Long Beach. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This enables an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
A recent car insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Long Beach consumers could save an average of almost $500 each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they switched.
Cheap Ford insurance rates in Long Beach
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Long Beach, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Cheaper Long Beach auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies provide a small discount for signing up digitally online.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, anti-theft, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, good driver, good student, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, air bags, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, driver training, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, good student, defensive driver, air bags, and early bird.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Long Beach.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine your prices.
Your spouse saves you money – Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Your occupation and car insurance rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs such as military personnel, social workers, and emergency personnel tend to pay the highest average rates due to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and retirees pay the least.
Use one insurance company and save – Most major car insurance companies will give a discount to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare Ford Fusion Energi rates in Long Beach to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What if I want to buy from local Long Beach auto insurance agents?
Many drivers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Long Beach that provide free Long Beach car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Long Beach?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Long Beach car insurance agents come in two flavors
When looking for a local Long Beach insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Long Beach are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. They are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Many people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Long Beach that can give you price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Paul Soeung
2338 E Anaheim St #101a – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 856-0328 – View Map
- Del Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2642 N Los Coyotes Diagonal – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 982-1444 – View Map
- Jon Wiedenman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2750 N Bellflower Blvd #208 – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 420-6469 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to include several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following are Long Beach independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Integrity Now Insurance Brokers, Inc.
6285 E Spring St – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 606-1030 – View Map
- Galaxy Insurance Service, Inc
2411 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 438-7000 – View Map
- Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
Persistent drivers can save
When getting Long Beach car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented a lot of tips how to reduce Ford Fusion Energi insurance rates online in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even find the best rates are with a small local company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Long Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Long Beach Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much are Long Beach Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)