Do you need a better way to compare lower-priced Honda HR-V insurance in Long Beach? Price shopping your Honda HR-V insurance in Long Beach is always kind of frustrating for people new to online rate comparisons. There are so many options available that it can quickly become a real difficult job to find more affordable premium rates on Honda HR-V insurance.
It’s amazing but about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Drivers in the United States could save 46.5% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Our objective is to familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and some tricks to saving. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to save money using the techniques presented in this article. Although California consumers need to learn the way insurance companies determine how much to charge and use this information to your advantage.
How to shop Honda HR-V insurance online
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get prices directly from their websites. This process is easy for anyone as you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. When complete, their quoting system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get price quotes for Honda HR-V insurance in Long Beach simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest price.
To save time and find out how much you can save on car insurance, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you are getting rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Long Beach, CA. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Long Beach, CA, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though Long Beach HR-V insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Honda HR-V and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your HR-V outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Cut rates and deter theft – Driving a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Single vs. married – Your spouse may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Liability coverage claims can be big – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If your Honda HR-V earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Get cheaper Honda HR-V insurance in Long Beach with discounts
Companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Long Beach auto insurance online.
- Sign Online – A few auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up over the internet.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts should help reduce the cost of coverage.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts for safe driver, anti-theft, drive less, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, early bird, accident-free, and good driver.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, multi-policy, defensive driver, military active duty, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, air bag, driver training, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Long Beach. To locate companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, click here to view.
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Long Beach auto insurance agent
A small number of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agents is important particularly in Long Beach.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Long Beach who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to your email. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Long Beach are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Long Beach who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Integrity Now Insurance Brokers, Inc.
6285 E Spring St – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 606-1030 – View Map
- Rosanne Sanchez Insurance Agency
1165 E San Antonio Dr – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (310) 874-3933 – View Map
- C. Diamond Insurance Agency
5538 Long Beach Blvd – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 428-4995 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Long Beach that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Brenda Soto Bryan
4202 Atlantic Ave Ste 201 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 426-1752 – View Map
- Von Arx, Jason – Farmers Insurance
400 Oceangate # 305 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-6801 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Edward Reyes
1424 W Willow St – Long Beach, CA 90810 – (562) 427-7030 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long has their agency been open in Long Beach?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
How much can you save?
Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. The cheapest Honda HR-V insurance in Long Beach is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can find lower-cost Honda HR-V insurance in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company.
How to find cheaper Honda HR-V insurance in Long Beach
The best way to find more affordable Honda HR-V insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Long Beach.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that increase rates like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Additional insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Long Beach Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)