Unimaginable but true, most consumers in California have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Consumers in the U.S. could save themselves nearly 47% a year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they switched.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Long Beach is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in California. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher rates like speeding and a negative credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Long Beach. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One bit of advice is to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Buying affordable insurance in Long Beach is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have a policy now, you will be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas covered in this article. Nevertheless, California drivers must comprehend how insurance companies calculate your insurance rates.
Best companies for affordable Mazda 6 insurance in California
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in California. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in Long Beach, CA, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Mazda 6 detailed coverage information
The data table shown below showcases a range of insurance rates for Mazda 6 models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are established can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,348||$112|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,348||$112|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,348||$112|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$416||$534||$32||$160||$1,376||$115|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Long Beach which can affect price quotes considerably.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Mazda 6 insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can affect Mazda 6 insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Mazda 6 insurance rates: Men versus women
The information below illustrates the comparison of Mazda 6 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Mazda 6 liability rates compared to full coverage
The chart below compares Mazda 6 insurance costs with and without full coverage. The information is based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact formula to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mazda 6 replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Save a ton by applying discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will help lower your policy premiums.
The example below compares Mazda 6 insurance rates with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include distant student, early shopping, multi-car, switch companies, mature driver, and teen driver.
- Esurance has savings for online quote, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, multi-car, and DriveSense.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, good student, anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, good driver, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, federal employee, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Allstate offers discounts for new car, teenSMART discount, passive restraint, utility vehicle, and farm vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
How Insurance Companies Determine Mazda 6 Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that go into determining insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Liability protection limits on your policy – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage when you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Where you live – Choosing to live in a rural area is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates. Residents of big cities have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Poor credit history equals high costs – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit score could use some work, you could save money insuring your Mazda 6 by repairing your credit.
- Extra policy coverages that may not be needed – There are a ton of additional coverages you can purchase on your insurance policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Systems that thwart thieves such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft.
Mazda 6 insurance claim data – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates. The table below shows the collected loss data for Mazda 6 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Mazda 6 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 6 99 92 112 94 98 94BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Long Beach car insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is sent to participating agents in Long Beach who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Long Beach?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
If you are wanting to find a good Long Beach insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Long Beach exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Vinny Bommaiah – State Farm Insurance Agent
6272 Pacific Coast Hwy Ste C – Long Beach, CA 90803 – (562) 439-8544 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Victoria L. Avery
4510 Pacific Coast Hwy #340 – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 597-2371 – View Map
- Von Arx, Jason – Farmers Insurance
400 Oceangate # 305 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-6801 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Long Beach that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Jennifer Lee Insurance Agency
4252 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 427-1109 – View Map
- Kelly Williams Insurance Agency, Inc.
4400 Pacific Coast Hwy – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 498-8661 – View Map
- Rosanne Sanchez Insurance Agency
1165 E San Antonio Dr – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (310) 874-3933 – View Map
Car insurance company ratings
Selecting a high-quality car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices you have in California. The company ratings in the next section can help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
We’ve covered many ways to compare Mazda 6 insurance premium rates in Long Beach. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Long Beach car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Budget-conscious Mazda 6 insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information can be read in the articles below: