Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Long Beach. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Long Beach. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop around annually are inclined to switch car insurance companies because they have good chances of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the most affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance in Long Beach is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
If you are already insured or just want a better rate, use these tips to buy cheaper car insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Quoting and comparing rates for affordable car insurance in Long Beach is not as hard as you may think. Drivers just have to know the least time-consuming way to quote multiple rates from many different companies.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes.
The following companies can provide quotes in California. To get cheaper car insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Get cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Long Beach with discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current Solstice insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could qualify for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, student away at school, good driver, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, daytime running lights, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, driver training, and military active duty.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century offers discounts including driver training, 55 and older, student driver, early bird, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, bundled insurance, good driver, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, and driver training.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To view providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, follow this link.
Why you need insurance for your Pontiac vehicle
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Long Beach, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac Solstice has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your Pontiac Solstice and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to save money.
Best car insurance in Long Beach
Insuring your vehicle with the best auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in California. The ranking data below can help you decide which car insurance companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important especially in Long Beach.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Long Beach auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Long Beach may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance rates, you need to compare quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Long Beach that may be able to give pricing information.
- C. Diamond Insurance Agency
5538 Long Beach Blvd – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 428-4995 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Caiquo Insurance Agency
4401 Atlantic Ave #214 – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 548-7488 – View Map
- Adriana’s Insurance Services Inc
1075 E Pacific Coast Hwy – Long Beach, CA 90806 – (562) 344-9222 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Long Beach that are able to give rate quotes.
- Inna Tseikhin – State Farm Insurance Agent
3912 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 490-0779 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Peter Long
818 E Anaheim St #220 – Long Beach, CA 90813 – (562) 951-1813 – View Map
- State Farm: Keir Jones
5150 E Colorado St – Long Beach, CA 90814 – (562) 433-5573 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Long Beach, get answers to these questions.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Long Beach?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
After receiving satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to provide auto insurance coverage. It’s important to know that it’s your coverage and you can cancel a policy when you choose so never feel that you are permanently stuck with the auto insurance policy for any length of time.