It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find better pricing on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Long Beach is to annually compare prices from providers who sell insurance in California.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates like your driving record and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for additional tips to find cheap rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Silverado 3500HD coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who compare other prices will, in all likelihood, switch companies because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A study discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved over $850 each year compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on insurance is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to quote and compare insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier.
How to get free Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance quotes online
To find low cost Long Beach auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare prices from lots of California auto insurance companies. The easiest way to find cheaper rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Quoting Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the peace of mind that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can comparison shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
Just remember that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company does Long Beach Silverado 3500HD insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare prices from those companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Long Beach, CA. To locate cheap auto insurance in California, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though Long Beach Silverado 3500HD insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Silverado 3500HD with a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Rate information and statistics
The price information shown below showcases a range of coverage prices for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Having a better idea how insurance rates are figured is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$370||$764||$580||$34||$174||$1,922||$160|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$370||$764||$580||$34||$174||$1,922||$160|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$370||$664||$464||$28||$138||$1,664||$139|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$406||$664||$464||$28||$138||$1,700||$142|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$406||$764||$464||$28||$138||$1,800||$150|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$406||$764||$464||$28||$138||$1,800||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in your specific Long Beach location which can alter insurance rates greatly.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevy Silverado 3500HD premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The example below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Silverado 3500HD book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer free Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance quotes in California, click this link.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is especially important in Long Beach.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Long Beach who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
These type of agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparison shopping, you should always compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Long Beach that can give you rate quotes.
Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are Long Beach exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing an insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- How long has their agency been open in Long Beach?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Upon receiving acceptable answers to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
How much car insurance do I need?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Smart shoppers get results
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More affordable car insurance in Long Beach is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Long Beach auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller providers work with independent agents.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Car Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)