We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who compare price quotes will presumably move their business because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey found that drivers who shopped around every year saved approximately $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for Ford Excursion insurance is your objective, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze cheaper coverage can save time and money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Long Beach. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a poor credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. View rates
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Excursion coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Buying affordable insurance in Long Beach is much easier if you have a good place to start. Shoppers just need to understand the quickest method to buy insurance over the internet.
Best companies for Ford Excursion insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Long Beach, CA. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Long Beach, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
These five discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Companies don’t list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you. If you don’t get every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Long Beach could earn you a nice discount when getting a Long Beach car insurance quote.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Ford may allow you to get better prices on cars that stay parked.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for youthful driver, multi-policy, driver training, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Allstate may offer discounts for anti-theft, auto/life discount, utility vehicle, economy car, and resident student.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, and defensive driving.
- MetLife has discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
Double check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer online Ford Excursion insurance quotes in Long Beach, click here to view.
Car insurance can be complex
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower prices but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Long Beach?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How long has their agency been open in Long Beach?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable agent, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Long Beach can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can provide insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Long Beach who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Long Beach that can give you price quotes.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This can cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
This covers damage to your Excursion resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Excursion in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, surgery, X-ray expenses and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a bird, falling objects, rock chips in glass, fire damage and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
Cost effective Ford Excursion insurance can be found on the web and with local Long Beach insurance agents, so you need to quote Long Beach car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Ford Excursion insurance rates online in Long Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Long Beach car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about insurance in California can be read at these links:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Long Beach Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Long Beach Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for College Graduates in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)