The most effective way to find discount Porsche Boxster insurance in Long Beach is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in California.
- Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides tips to get cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Long Beach. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are very likely to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is your target objective, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier.
Companies offering affordable Porsche Boxster price quotes in Long Beach, CA
The following companies offer comparison quotes in California. To get the best car insurance in Long Beach, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance statistics and figures
The coverage table shown below highlights a range of policy rates for Porsche Boxster models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance prices are formulated can help you make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$302||$490||$492||$30||$148||$1,462||$122|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$334||$556||$492||$30||$148||$1,560||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Long Beach which can decrease or increase rates considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Porsche Boxster premium costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The diagram below shows the difference between Porsche Boxster yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no written rule of when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Porsche Boxster settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about before you get the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Boxster can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below shows the comparison of Porsche Boxster annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To locate companies offering auto insurance discounts in Long Beach, click this link.
Eight factors that impact insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Decrease prices by maintaining coverage – Letting your insurance expire will be a sure-fire way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Extra coverages can add up – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that you can buy when buying auto insurance. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Bad drivers pay high premiums – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten careless violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can increase Porsche Boxster auto insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The data below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Porsche Boxster policy rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
- Good credit saves on auto insurance – A driver’s credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with bad credit. If your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Porsche Boxster by improving your credit score.
- Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a spouse usually means you are more financially stable it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Male prices may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Both genders cause fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Porsche Boxster insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Liability protection limits on your policy – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Insurance losses for a Porsche Boxster – Companies study historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Porsche Boxster vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Porsche Boxster Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Boxster Convertible 135 47 121 31BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying a policy, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Will my Porsche Boxster be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is my Porsche Boxster covered if I use it for business?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Buying from insurance agents
Many people prefer to go talk to an agent. Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Long Beach that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How long have they been in business?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
When searching for local Long Beach agents, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Long Beach exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – David Van Wyk
1959 E Spring St – Long Beach, CA 90806 – (949) 770-1708 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Susan Rios
3450 E Spring St #214 – Long Beach, CA 90806 – (562) 988-5700 – View Map
- April Showers – State Farm Insurance Agent
537 W Willow St – Long Beach, CA 90806 – (562) 612-4949 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Long Beach who can help you get price quote information.
- Jennifer Lee Insurance Agency
4252 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 427-1109 – View Map
- Lara Insurance
6689 Downey Ave – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 408-2800 – View Map
- C. Diamond Insurance Agency
5538 Long Beach Blvd – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 428-4995 – View Map
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Low-cost Porsche Boxster insurance in Long Beach can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Long Beach auto insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)