It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey found that drivers who compared rates once a year saved about $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Acura TLX insurance in Long Beach is your ultimate objective, knowing the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can save time and money.
The easiest way to save money on car insurance rates in Long Beach is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in California.
- First, read about policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Long Beach is really not that difficult. Smart buyers only have to learn the most time-saving way to shop for insurance instantly.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for Acura TLX insurance in Long Beach is to know car insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is give them rating details including marital status, an estimate of your credit level, if you lease or own, and how old drivers are. Your insurance information is automatically sent to many different companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Long Beach.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in California. In order to find the best auto insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get discounts on Long Beach car insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Paper-free Discount – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current TLX insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Long Beach car insurance quote.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to view car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Long Beach, click here.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Long Beach auto insurance agent
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Long Beach.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Long Beach who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they operate. Car insurance agents in Long Beach can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can handle car insurance, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Long Beach that may be able to give price quotes.
Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Long Beach exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How are they compensated?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Buy Acura TLX Insurance Cheaper
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better auto insurance rates.
The items below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Good credit scores equal low rates – Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Acura TLX by repairing your credit.
How’s your driving record? – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have gotten careless citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Most auto insurance companies apply discounts for people that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
Your stress level may be raising your premiums – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, business owners, and miners tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other careers such as professors, students and homemakers get better rates.
Acura TLX statistical loss data – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura TLX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your TLX has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your Acura TLX. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
How to find a good California auto insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Long Beach. The company ratings in the lists below can help you decide which companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
The cheapest Acura TLX insurance in Long Beach is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)