The easiest way to find discount Ford Explorer insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Long Beach. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional ideas to help reduce premium rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. The average driver in California could save an average of roughly 35% each year, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rate quotes.
The quickest way to get policy rate comparisons for Ford Explorer insurance in Long Beach is to know the fact car insurance companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information like driver details, if you went to college, distance driven, and whether you drive to work or school. The rating information is automatically sent to insurance companies and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
To find lower lower-cost Ford Explorer insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Long Beach.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Long Beach, CA. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Long Beach, CA, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Explorer in Long Beach, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance coverage details
The rate table shown next outlines detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Ford Explorer models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are formulated can benefit drivers when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$182||$292||$464||$28||$138||$1,104||$92|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$182||$292||$464||$28||$138||$1,104||$92|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$182||$292||$464||$28||$138||$1,104||$92|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$182||$292||$464||$28||$138||$1,104||$92|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$204||$354||$464||$28||$138||$1,188||$99|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$204||$354||$464||$28||$138||$1,188||$99|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$204||$354||$464||$28||$138||$1,188||$99|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$204||$354||$464||$28||$138||$1,188||$99|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$204||$354||$464||$28||$138||$1,188||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Long Beach which can revise premium rates considerably.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Ford Explorer insurance premiums for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents influence Ford Explorer yearly insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Long Beach
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Explorer annual premium costs with and without full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no specific rule of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Ford Explorer book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
These eight discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Paperless Signup – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up online.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow companies to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford Explorer yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, good student, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, mature driver, business and professional, distant student, multi-car, and early shopping.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide has discounts for good student, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, defensive driving, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online signing.
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in every state. To view companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click here to view.
California car insurance companies
Choosing the right car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in California. The ranking data shown next could help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%