If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers in Long Beach.
First, try to understand how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Aerio coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop for lower rates will most likely buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance in Long Beach is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to choose a company and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to save money and still have adequate protection. This article will instruct you on the best methods to compare rates and some money-saving tips. Smart buyers just have to learn the quickest method to shop from many different companies.
Suzuki Aerio insurance discounts in Long Beach
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Long Beach auto insurance online.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Long Beach and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, driver training, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, defensive driving training, good driver, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Allstate includes discounts for senior citizen, resident student, premier plus, new car, auto/life discount, and 55 and retired.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, accident-free, family plan, business or organization, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- MetLife discounts include good student, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, and good driver.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Long Beach, follow this link.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Long Beach, CA. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Long Beach, CA, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Compare rates but still have a local Long Beach insurance agency
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Long Beach who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Long Beach?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Long Beach?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance policy providers are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can do a good job, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it can affect your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive agencies in Long Beach who can help you get price quotes.
- Inna Tseikhin – State Farm Insurance Agent
3912 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 490-0779 – View Map
- Peter Chai – State Farm Insurance Agent
3253 E South St #103 – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 634-2000 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Kimberly Terrell
4425 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (310) 567-7726 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Long Beach independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Galaxy Insurance Service, Inc
2411 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 438-7000 – View Map
- Amico Insurance Agency
100 Oceangate #1200 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 628-5553 – View Map
- Amico Insurance Agency Inc.
100 Oceangate #1200 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (877) 467-8799 – View Map
After receiving reasonable responses to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to provide insurance coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
Cheaper Suzuki Aerio insurance in Long Beach can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Long Beach, so you need to shop Long Beach auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, take a look at these articles: