Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers in California have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. consumers can save roughly $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Volkswagen Atlas insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell insurance in Long Beach.
- Read about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and your credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Long Beach can initially seem challenging. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Consumers only need to know the most efficient way to find the lowest price online.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Long Beach, CA. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Long Beach, CA, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though Long Beach Atlas insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volkswagen, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Volkswagen Atlas but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Discounts can help to save on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Long Beach
Companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the web.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Senior Discount – Seniors are able to get reduced rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Long Beach auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, homeowner, business and professional, teen driver, early shopping, and distant student.
- Esurance offers discounts for Switch & Save, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, safety device, paid-in-full, and good student.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, driver’s education, multiple autos, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, military active duty, driver training, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate includes discounts for good payer, early signing, economy car, 55 and retired, and utility vehicle.
Check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Long Beach. To view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Long Beach, follow this link.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Volkswagen Atlas?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
How to find a good California car insurance company
Picking the best company is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in California. The ranking data displayed below may help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies