A recent auto insurance study discovered that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in California renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
The recommended way to find lower priced Volkswagen CC insurance in Long Beach is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who sell insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and your credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for ideas to lower rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Pricing the lowest-priced policy in Long Beach is quite easy. Although California drivers must know how big insurance companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
Compare Long Beach Volkswagen CC insurance quotes online
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Long Beach, CA. In order to find the best car insurance in California, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Volkswagen CC insurance in Long Beach
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you inexpensive Volkswagen CC insurance in Long Beach.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on CC insurance in Long Beach.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Long Beach may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children living away from Long Beach attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles can earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount should help reduce your policy premium.
The chart below shows the comparison of Volkswagen CC car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To find insurance companies who offer cheap Volkswagen CC insurance quotes in Long Beach in California, follow this link.
Volkswagen CC insurance coverage information
The data table displayed below showcases different rate quotes for Volkswagen CC models. Having a good grasp of how policy premiums are calculated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$270||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,514||$126|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$270||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,514||$126|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$300||$648||$500||$30||$150||$1,628||$136|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$300||$648||$500||$30||$150||$1,628||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter prices noticeably.
Auto insurance quotes from local Long Beach insurance agents
Some people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Long Beach who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Which family members are covered?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These type of agents write business for a single company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Long Beach exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Susan Rios
3450 E Spring St #214 – Long Beach, CA 90806 – (562) 988-5700 – View Map
- Jim Seilsopour – State Farm Insurance Agent
4195 N Viking Way Ste 180 – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 420-6819 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Steven Gordon
1800 Palo Verde Ave d – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 598-9500 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can write business amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Long Beach that can give you comparison quotes.
- Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
- Fox Benefits Insurance Agency
5175 E Pacific Coast Hwy #304 – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 735-3125 – View Map
- Kelly Williams Insurance Agency, Inc.
4400 Pacific Coast Hwy – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 498-8661 – View Map
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
Bad credit will cost you – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with bad credit. So if your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Volkswagen CC by repairing your credit.
Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Volkswagen. A few examples of covered claims could be a broken windshield, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Never allow your coverage to lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages – There are many add-on coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Volkswagen CC claim data – Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Volkswagen CC vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Volkswagen Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen CC 2WD||132||99||119||99||108||103|
|Volkswagen CC 4WD||162||134|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your CC has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Volkswagen CC but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in California overpays more than $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to save money.
Frequent quotes can save
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Volkswagen CC insurance premium rates online in Long Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Cheap Volkswagen CC insurance in Long Beach is definitely available online in addition to many Long Beach insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)