A recent study showed that almost 70% of drivers in California have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in the United States could save $859 every year, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they just switched companies.
The most effective way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Long Beach.
- Learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Rabbit coverage is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Cheap companies for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in California
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. To get the best car insurance in Long Beach, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden insurance savings.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger companies provide a small discount shop Long Beach car insurance digitally online.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Rabbit insurance in Long Beach.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer online Volkswagen Rabbit insurance quotes in Long Beach, click here.
How Your Rabbit Insurance Premiums are Determined
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you cheaper rates. Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Lower premiums with alarm systems – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder vehicle theft.
Marriage reduces risk – Getting married may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Better rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If the Volkswagen Rabbit has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
Age of drivers – Older people are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Many people would rather have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in Long Beach.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around because prices are sent to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
What types of car insurance agents are in Long Beach?
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Long Beach can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Below are Long Beach independent insurance agencies who can help you get competitive price quotes.
- Lara Insurance
6689 Downey Ave – Long Beach, CA 90805 – (562) 408-2800 – View Map
- Amico Insurance Agency Inc.
100 Oceangate #1200 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (877) 467-8799 – View Map
- Integrity Now Insurance Brokers, Inc.
6285 E Spring St – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 606-1030 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Long Beach who can help you get price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: Peter Long
818 E Anaheim St #220 – Long Beach, CA 90813 – (562) 951-1813 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Braden Palmer
5000 E Spring St Ste 390 – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 425-5109 – View Map
- State Farm: Steve Dwight
4625 E Anaheim St – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 494-4494 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Long Beach, get answers to these questions.
- How long has their agency been open in Long Beach?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Long Beach?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Smart consumers save more
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium and denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Budget-conscious Volkswagen Rabbit insurance is attainable online in addition to many Long Beach insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When getting Long Beach car insurance quotes online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Long Beach Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)