I can’t think of a single person who likes having to buy auto insurance, particularly when their premiums are through the roof.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price are inclined to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower rate. A survey found that drivers who regularly compared rates saved an average of $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of the best way to compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
How to find affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in Long Beach
Really, the only way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Long Beach is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover more information to prevent rate hikes and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Find a Long Beach insurance agent
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Many insurers vie for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and get the definite lowest cost out there.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates before your policy renews because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best deal on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Long Beach two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about Five Hundred insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some excellent ideas to lower your auto insurance rates in Long Beach.
If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using this information. Locating the best rates in Long Beach is quite easy. But California car owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to determine premium rates and take advantage of how the system works.
Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes comparison
The majority of larger companies make it easy to get prices on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Long Beach is very simple because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on the information you submitted. This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to find cheaper prices.
In order to compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you are getting a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Long Beach, CA. In order to find cheap car insurance in Long Beach, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Do you qualify for discounts on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Long Beach?
Companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver Safety – Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on insurance.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, renters, anti-theft, good student, multi-car, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, good student, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, good driver, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
When getting free Long Beach auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Savings might not apply in your area. To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Long Beach, click here.
When to have guidance from an agent
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Long Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Long Beach who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
What is the best insurance coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Does my Ford Five Hundred qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Ford Five Hundred?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Ford Five Hundred Insurance Prices
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates. Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Insurance for rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Where you call home plays a part – Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities tend to have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
- Gender impacts rates – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Men and women get in accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Liability insurance is critical – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Buying the right Ford vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards your Ford Five Hundred and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance companies ranked
Finding a highly-rated insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Long Beach. The company rank data displayed below can help you pick which companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
You can lower your car insurance rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-conscious Ford Five Hundred insurance can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
How to buy cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Long Beach
The most effective way to save money on Ford Five Hundred insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers in Long Beach. This can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available in Long Beach. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much are Long Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)