Everyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who get price quotes annually are highly likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy premium. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely shopped around saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on auto insurance is the reason for your visit, then knowing how to shop and compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
Truthfully, the best way to get budget Chevy City Express insurance is to compare prices annually from providers in Long Beach. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for more information to get low prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Long Beach is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the tips covered below. Drivers just need to know the least time-consuming way to find the lowest price on the web.
Finding a better price on insurance isn’t really that difficult. You just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes to see which company has the cheapest Chevrolet City Express rate quotes.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to actually drive to different Long Beach agent offices. Buying insurance online eliminates this option unless you prefer the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If you want the cheapest car insurance in CA, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Chevy City Express insurance rates in Long Beach
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your bill.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on City Express insurance in Long Beach.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
The information below shows the difference between Chevy City Express insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- MetLife discounts include good student, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-policy, education and occupation, multi-car, anti-theft, good student, and good driver.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, air bags, good driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, membership and employees, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, good student, and federal employee.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, accident-free, good student, safe vehicle, good driver, and multiple policy.
If you are trying to find affordable Long Beach auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply in every state. To see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Chevy City Express insurance rates and statistics
The rate table shown next showcases a range of policy rates for Chevy City Express models. Having knowledge of how car insurance prices are determined can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$210||$298||$578||$34||$174||$1,294||$108|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$210||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,358||$113|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$240||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,452||$121|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$240||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,452||$121|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$240||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,452||$121|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$240||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,452||$121|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$272||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$272||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$272||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$272||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$272||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$272||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$272||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,484||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can revise rates greatly.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Chevy City Express annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Reckless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can influence Chevy City Express insurance premiums for different age categories. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage in Long Beach
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevy City Express insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule for excluding full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy City Express claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Are auto insurance agents of importance?
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Long Beach who will return price quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does their agency support local causes in Long Beach?
- If they are an independent agency in Long Beach, which companies do they recommend?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
When narrowing the list to find a good Long Beach insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Long Beach can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can write auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can factor into the selection process.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Long Beach who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a list of independent agents in Long Beach that can give you price quote information.
Priscilla Vallejos Insurance Agency
2725 Candlewood St – Lakewood, CA 90712 – (562) 552-3259 – View Map
How Insurers Determine Chevy City Express Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Premiums drop with age – More mature drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience have been known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Avoid unnecessary add-on coverages – Policies have add-on coverages that can waste your money on your City Express policy. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Keep insurance claims to a minimum – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in California provide the best rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Higher premiums for demanding occupations – Careers like military generals, air traffic controllers, and dentists tend to have higher average rates due to intense work situations and long work days. On the other hand, jobs like farmers, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Why you need City Express insurance in California
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Long Beach, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Best auto insurance company in California
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The company rank data displayed below could help you choose which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Do the work, save more money
We just showed you many ideas to lower your Chevy City Express insurance premium rates in Long Beach. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Long Beach auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Long Beach auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. The cheapest Chevy City Express insurance in Long Beach can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Long Beach agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
When getting Long Beach auto insurance quotes online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost.
Other learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is Long Beach Car Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)