Would you like to buy lower-priced BMW X1 insurance in Long Beach? Locating the cheapest insurance for your BMW X1 in California can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to make it easier.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for a BMW and find the cheapest rates from Long Beach insurance agents and online providers.
A recent insurance study discovered that the majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Long Beach insurance shoppers could save about 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to shop around.
If you have coverage now or just want to save money, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Buying the best-priced insurance coverage in Long Beach is not as hard as you may think. Drivers just have to use the most efficient way to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
Cheapest companies for BMW X1 insurance
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Long Beach, CA. To find the best auto insurance in Long Beach, CA, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before they will apply.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out life insurance.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could earn substantially lower rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their car insurance company to analyze where and when they drive remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance may offer discounts for Switch & Save, good student, multi-policy, claim free, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, air bag, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
When getting free Long Beach auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Long Beach.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Long Beach
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your prices.
Poor credit can mean higher prices – An insured’s credit history factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your BMW X1 by improving your credit score. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
Insurance costs and driver gender – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
More performance means higher rates – The type of car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. The most favorable rates tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Age of drivers impacts costs – Mature drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Teen drivers are proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most insurers will give discounts to clients who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
BMW X1 insurance loss probability – Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the loss history for BMW X1 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|BMW X1 4dr 2WD||99||86||113||90||95||87|
|BMW X1 4dr 4WD||103||96||120||73||69||82|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Most agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Long Beach.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Long Beach who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When finding a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Long Beach are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can sell car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you need to contact several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which may have better rates.
Below are independent agencies in Long Beach that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Jennifer Lee Insurance Agency
4252 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 427-1109 – View Map
- Greg D. Pyle Auto, Home, Commercial Insurance Long Beach
3777 Long Beach Blvd #500 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (562) 436-3200 – View Map
- Adriana’s Insurance Services Inc
1075 E Pacific Coast Hwy – Long Beach, CA 90806 – (562) 344-9222 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Long Beach exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Paul Soeung
2338 E Anaheim St #101a – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 856-0328 – View Map
- Vali De Vries – State Farm Insurance Agent
1777 N Bellflower Blvd #111 – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 494-7700 – View Map
- Susie Atwood – State Farm Insurance Agent
5624 E 2nd St – Long Beach, CA 90803 – (562) 434-5729 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Long Beach?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
After receiving reasonable responses to all your questions as well as low cost BMW X1 insurance quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can cancel your policy at any point so never feel that you are obligated to a specific company for any length of time.
Long Beach auto insurance companies
Ending up with the best insurer can be difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Long Beach. The company rank data in the next section can help you analyze which providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Long Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When searching for affordable BMW X1 insurance quotes, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
More affordable car insurance in Long Beach is possible both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce BMW X1 insurance auto insurance rates online in Long Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Long Beach auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Long Beach auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
Steps to finding affordable BMW X1 insurance in Long Beach
Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in Long Beach.
- Step 1: Learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations and a bad credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)