It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop for lower prices are inclined to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding better rates. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving money on car insurance is why you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
The most effective way to get more affordable Kia Borrego insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Long Beach.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. This article gives information to prevent rate hikes and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Borrego insurance. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
These tips will teach you a little about how insurance works. If you are insured now, you will be able to cut your premiums using the following tips. Nevertheless, California car owners must comprehend the way companies set your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Affordable auto insurance in Long Beach, CA
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. To find the best cheap car insurance in Long Beach, CA, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
These discounts can lower Kia Borrego insurance rates
Car insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Long Beach car insurance quote.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, federal employee, air bags, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver’s education, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and good driver.
- Esurance has savings for multi-car, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, anti-theft, DriveSense, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, good student, and driver training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Long Beach, click here.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Kia Borrego Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Some car insurance companies apply a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Tickets increase premiums – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Having a single moving violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received multiple violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – Mature drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Limits of liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if you are determined to be liable for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Annual mileage impacts costs – The higher the miles on your Kia in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Borrego may be costing you.
- File car insurance claims and pay more – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in California provide discounts to people who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
When do I need to talk to a local insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local agents is still important in Long Beach.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Long Beach that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Long Beach insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are Long Beach independent insurance agents who can help you get free price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below are Long Beach exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Jim Seilsopour – State Farm Insurance Agent
4195 N Viking Way Ste 180 – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 420-6819 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Long Beach?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Which car insurance company is best in Long Beach?
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in California. The company ratings displayed below may help you pick which auto insurers to look at comparing rates with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find cheaper Kia Borrego insurance in Long Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Long Beach car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When getting Long Beach car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in the articles below:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Long Beach Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- How Much is Long Beach Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)