Shockingly, the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in America could save themselves $859 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes.
The easiest way to get more affordable Honda CR-Z insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Long Beach.
- Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for instructions to get low prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper CR-Z coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
An important part of this process is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Discounts can help lower rates on Honda CR-Z insurance in Long Beach
Car insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on CR-Z insurance in Long Beach.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Early Signing – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current CR-Z insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
To view car insurance companies who offer online Honda CR-Z insurance quotes in California, click this link.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Honda CR-Z insurance in Long Beach is to understand most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details including if you require a SR-22, whether you have decent credit, your job, and if you have an active license. Your rating data is then submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes very quickly.
To find the cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance rates, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Long Beach.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Long Beach, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How Insurers Calculate Honda CR-Z Insurance Rates
Many factors are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates.
Listed below are some of the items used by companies to determine your premiums.
Discounts for married drivers – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. It usually means you are more financially stable and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Do you work long hours in a demanding employer? – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations such as fire fighters, architects, and stock brokers tend to have higher average rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations like actors, students and homemakers pay the least.
How your age affects prices – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers have been known to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
Save money by having high credit – A driver’s credit rating factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Honda CR-Z by repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with worse credit.
Lower premiums with continuous auto insurance coverage – Driving without insurance coverage in place is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Tickets are costly – Only having one driving citation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Honda CR-Z insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when determining insurance rates. Models that have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-Z Hybrid||106||87||83||98|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which is the best car insurance?
When selecting a policy, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Should I rate my Honda CR-Z as pleasure use or commute?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent. Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Long Beach who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Long Beach will have answers to these questions.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Long Beach?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Long Beach for you
When researching a good Long Beach insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they function. Car insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Long Beach that can give you comparison quotes.
- Joe Lopez Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
5199 Pacific Coast Hwy Ste 616 – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 597-5547 – View Map
- Brad Garofalo – State Farm Insurance Agent
2221 Palo Verde Ave Ste 2D – Long Beach, CA 90815 – (562) 280-0488 – View Map
- Sonny Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
4166 Norse Way a – Long Beach, CA 90808 – (562) 429-1809 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Long Beach independent agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Amico Insurance Agency Inc.
100 Oceangate #1200 – Long Beach, CA 90802 – (877) 467-8799 – View Map
- Fox Benefits Insurance Agency
5175 E Pacific Coast Hwy #304 – Long Beach, CA 90804 – (562) 735-3125 – View Map
- Jennifer Lee Insurance Agency
4252 Atlantic Ave – Long Beach, CA 90807 – (562) 427-1109 – View Map
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Long Beach, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your CR-Z, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your Honda but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Quote more to save more
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal and even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Budget-friendly insurance in Long Beach can be found online in addition to many Long Beach insurance agents, so you need to shop Long Beach auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies may not have rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much is Long Beach Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Long Beach? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)